ConnectAID, the International Solidarity Network is seeking global citizens and change makers to help connect local Nonprofit actions with potential donors. Our Ambassador Program is a competitive process through which the most active, game changing and determined individuals are chosen to represent us on a global and local scale.
It is our mission to ensure Nonprofits continue their necessary support of local communities on the ground. The best way to ensure this is to collect up-to-date and direct information from beneficiaries and workers in the field. ConnectAID’s Field Reporters represent a unique and essential bridge between our Platform, the international community and the humanitarian and development work that is happening on the ground, in real time.
Our Field Reporters are individuals who can go into the field, visit local project sites and engage with Nonprofits directly. This essential work requires excellent communication skills, experience in taking quality photos and videos, proficiency of the English language and ideally proficiency in the local language of your location.
ConnectAID is currently seeking Field Ambassadors who are from, travel to, and/or live within the following countries (in alignment with the Projects currently listed on our Site):
- Visit field projects and report on relevant news
- Take on-site photos and videos
- Develop social media content, including quotes from interviews, brief human interest stories, project updates, etc…
- Conduct research and provide timely reflections on current situations on-the-ground within the country where you are the designated Field Ambassador (including social, economic, environmental etc.)
- Conduct regular online networking within your existing network to further the work of ConnectAID
- Participate in ConnectAID’s efforts to raise funds for your dedicated project
- Promote the objectives, ideals and general work of ConnectAID.
• Fluent in English and/or in French
• Undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate experience in communications or journalism (or in other relevant fields);
• Strong interest in socio-humanitarian and development initiatives;
• Strong interest and ability in social media content development;
• Proficiency in photography and video production.
The Field Reporter Position is offered on a volunteer basis, with applicants travelling at their own costs. If you are interested in joining us, please briefly explain in a letter of motivation which country project you wish to apply for as a Field Reporter (please check the projects available on the page “Explore projects”), and outline how you could help extend the platform’s reach. Please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Becoming a member of our community is free and will only take you a few seconds. We encourage you to click here to become a Member of the International Solidarity Network: