ConnectAID, the International Solidarity Network, is seeking global citizens and change makers to help engage the wider public in its meaningful work. Our Ambassador Program is a competitive process through which the most active, game changing and determined individuals are chosen to spread the word of our Movement. In a viral setting, ConnectAID offers you the chance to use your existing knowledge and experience as a bridge between people and humanitarian needs in the field.
ConnectAID was founded on a strong network within the international development and humanitarian sector – but it owes much of its success to the support of individuals like yourself who want to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The commitment of people from many walks-of-life and varied experience is what has made ConnectAID the viral, essential and transformative Platform it is today.
An important part the Community Advocate’s role is the building of a global community both online and in real life. You will actively serve as a link between ConnectAID and potential new Members to increase the platform’s reach at an international level. This role will therefore require the ability to strategize, manage and monitor the extent of your reach within the community.
1. Content creation – Write blog posts, articles, and communication materials for social media channels about ConnectAID and sustainable development more broadly.
2. Social media – Create, manage and grow ConnectAID’s presence through blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online forums.
3. Events and event planning – Attend sustainable development events in your city as an informal representative of ConnectAID.
4. Public relations – Network with potential sponsor enterprises and potential Goodwill Ambassadors (renowned public figures).
5. Communications strategy – Create strategic communications plans under the guidance and supervision of our staff.
6. Monitoring and evaluation – Provide regular feedback related to your activities, their implementation and respective reach within both the online and offline community.
• Fluent in English and/or in French
• Undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate experience in communications or community management (or in other relevant fields);
• Strong interest in socio-humanitarian and development initiatives;
• Strong interest & ability in social media content development;
• Proficiency in writing and editing;
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Computer literacy (with a strong internet connection)
• The ability to communicate in several languages considered a plus.
The Community Advocate Program is offered on a volunteer basis. It runs for a minimum of 6 months, however outstanding members of the Ambassador cohort can be offered the opportunity to extend or be given other tasks within the team.
Advocates have the opportunity to work via distance from anywhere in the world, with frequent communication with our coordinator based in France/Geneva (or visits to our Headquarter if you happen to be around).
If you are interested in joining us, please send us a letter of motivation briefly explaining how many hours a week you could dedicate to the International Solidarity Network, and how you could help extend the platform’s reach. Send your letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. We look forward to working with you!
Becoming a member of our community is free and will only take you a few seconds. We encourage you to click here to become a Member of the International Solidarity Network: