ConnectAID, the International Solidarity Network, is looking for volunteer Community Advocates to join its Ambassador Program.
ConnectAID is the first combined humanitarian social impact network and charitable giving platform where 100% of donations go to nonprofits. ConnectAID is entirely dedicated to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to ensure greater social, humanitarian and environmental impact becomes the new reality. Our goal is to connect individuals, nonprofits and corporates to international aid, by allowing them to contribute directly to meaningful sustainable development efforts, including those needed to fight the disastrous international consequences of COVID-19.
An important part of the Community Advocate’s role is the building of a global community both online and in real life. You will actively serve as a link between ConnectAID and potential new Members to increase the platform’s reach at an international level. You will be invited to attend high level conferences which will be a great networking oportunity for your future career. Our team will also provide occasional training and information sessions to strengthen your competencies and understanding of humanitarian issues and the SDG Agenda.
1. Join an active community of Change Makers –As part of our Ambassador program, receive weekly guidelines to actively communicate about SDGs, the International Solidarity Network and nonprofits’ actions around the world.
2. Content creation – Write posts, blogs, articles, and create communication materials (including videos) for all social media channels, about ConnectAID, its nonprofits partners and sustainable development more broadly.
3. Social media – Create, manage and grow ConnectAID’s presence through blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online forums.
4. Outreach and Fundraising Campaigns – Strategize your own independent social media networking campaigns as well as a specialized fundraising campaign for one of our nonprofit’s projects. We will support you to encourage your network to bring about real change for sustainable development.
5. Monitoring and evaluation – Provide regular feedback related to your activities, their implementation and respective reach within both the online and offline community.
6. Events and event planning – Participate for free in high level events and act as a reporter/influencer - Eventually pro-actively attend local sustainable development events in your city or online as an advocate for ConnectAID.
7. Public relations – Eventually network with potential sponsor enterprises and potential Goodwill Ambassadors (renowned public figures) to invite them to join the network.
• Fluent in English and/or French (all communication with be done in English);
• Undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate experience in communications or community management (or in other relevant fields);
• Strong networking skills
• Strong interest in socio-humanitarian and development initiatives;
• Strong interest & ability in social media content development;
• Proficiency in writing and editing;
• Computer literacy (with a strong internet connection);
• The ability to communicate in several languages considered a plus;
Minimum of 3 months, minimum 40%, home based - Our next cohort will start in June 2021
The Community Advocate role is offered on a voluntary basis. Participation in the Ambassador Program requires a minimum commitment of 3 months; however, longer commitment is expected.
Community Advocates work from home with frequent communication with our Team based in France, Switzerland, Belgium, South Africa and Australia. No working visa nor administrative document can be delivered. Active Advocates will however receive a Certificate of Merit upon completion of the 3 month Program. Those who display professionalism and passion for the work we do for sustainable development will be offered a more permanent and voluntary role as part of ConnectAID’s Ambassador program.
The Program is open to applicants of all nationalities, and can be done from from anywhere around the world. Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of their commencement in the Program.
To apply, please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
We look forward to working with you!
Becoming a member of our community is free and will only take you a few seconds. We encourage you to click here to become a Member of the International Solidarity Network: