- My Solidarity Network
- Find YOUR cause
- Get involved
- For corporates
- For organisations
- SDG influencers
ConnectAID, the International Solidarity Network, is seeking global citizens and change makers to help engage the wider public in its meaningful work. Our Community Advocate program is a competitive process through which the most active, game changing and determined individuals are chosen to spread the word of our Movement. In a viral setting, ConnectAID offers you the chance to use your existing knowledge and experience as a bridge between people and humanitarian needs in the field.
Availability: 60 to 100%
ConnectAID was founded on a strong network within the international development and humanitarian sector – but it owes much of its success to the support of individuals like yourself who want to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The commitment of people from many walks-of-life and varied experience is what has made ConnectAID the viral, essential and transformative Platform it is today.
An important part the Community Advocates’ role is the building of a global community both online and in person. You will actively participate in our team as a advocate for ConnectAID and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to increase our reach at an international level.
The volunteer opportunity to join our cohort is for a minimum of 6 months, commitment 20% to 60%, home based.
As an advocate, your specific responsibilities will be directed by ConnectAID’s Community Managers, and will include:
1. Participate in the creation of our new social media hub and engage the audience.
2. Social media marketing – Create, manage and grow ConnectAID’s presence through blogs, your own Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online forums.
3. Events and event planning– Attend sustainable development events online as an informal representative of ConnectAID.
4. Public relations – Network with potential sponsor enterprises and potential Goodwill Ambassadors (renowned public figures).
5. Communication strategy – Create your own strategic communication plans under the guidance and supervision of our staff.
6. Monitoring and evaluation– Provide regular feedback related to your activities, their implementation and respective reach within both the online and offlinecommunity.
7. Content creation – Write blog posts, articles and communication materials for social media channels about ConnectAID and sustainable development more broadly.
8. Grant writting
Time permitting, conduct any other task considered as a priority by both organisations to ensure the success of the project and partnership.
• Graduate or post-graduate experience in communications or community management (or in other relevant fields);
• Strong social media network
• Fundraising and grant writting experience
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency in writing and editing;
• Ability to work independently and manage a team
• Strong attention to details to ensure quality content
• Strong interest in global socio-humanitarian and development initiatives;
• Strong interest & ability with social media skills and content development;
• Good time and project management skills;
• Computer literacy;
• Fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese a plus
• Proficiency in translating (English to French, French to English)
• The ability to communicate in several languages considered a plus.
• Translation experience a plus;
Community Advocates have the opportunity to work remotely, with frequent communication with our team.
If you are interested in contributing to concrete social impacts by joining our NGO, please send your CV and motivation letter to contact@ConnectAID.com
Briefly explain in your letter how you could help extend ConnectAID’s platform’s reach.
This unpaid volunteer opportunity will be validated by our Swiss based NGO. An NDA and code of conduct will be required to sign. No visa can be given.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. We look forward to working with you!
Becoming a member of our community is free and will only take you a few seconds. We encourage you to click here to become a Member of the International Solidarity Network: